Lend a hand! international
If you want your hand raised in
Parliament Square, just follow these simple steps:
Draw around your hand on a piece of card and cut it out
Write your name, age and a message for peace on your hand and
decorate it however you want
Send your hand ( and all your friend's hands) to:
Hands Up for Peace,
16, Rutland Park Gardens,
London, NW2 4RG
We'll attach them to sticks and put them all up in one night before
April 2003 covering Parliament Square for the morning rush hour.
If you live outside the
UK and would like to send in a hand so show your solidarity with the young
people of Britain, we would love to receive a scanned-in image of your hand
or a digital hand (instructions below), even if you can’t post us a hand.
We’ll put these hands with all the others in Parliament Square.
How to make a digital hand:
• Download the ‘hand.bmp’ file on this
page, and open it in a graphics program (Corel, paint etc)
• Alternatively, draw your own hand outline using paint or another drawing
• Digitally colour in and decorate your hands however you want – you can use
photos and pictures from the Internet, scanned in drawings, or the paint
tools on the computer.
• Save the file as YOURNAMEhand.jpg or YOURNAMEhand.bmp (make sure that you
haven’t resized it and the final file isn’t bigger than 2mb)
• Email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
download HUFP flyer
(pdf file) for your school
Get your voice heard
Put your hand up for Peace
what I how I lend a hand I contact I home